Vietnam officials are now reporting 211,388 cases of dengue fever and 87 deaths. Compared with the same period last year, the number of cases and deaths both increased.
In Hanoi, according to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Hanoi, in the past week, the number of dengue fever cases continued to increase compared to the previous week. From the beginning of the year to September 16, Hanoi recorded 3,023 cases of dengue fever (an increase of 4.5 times compared to the same period last year), including 4 deaths.
Since the beginning of 2022 until now, Hanoi has recorded 311 outbreaks in 28 districts. Currently, there are 118 active outbreaks in 26 districts, of which 2 active outbreaks with many patients are the outbreak in Vuc village, Thanh Liet commune, Thanh Tri district (with 55 patients) and the village cluster. Bung, Phung Xa commune, Thach That district (with 56 patients).
It is forecasted that the number of dengue fever cases in Hanoi will continue to increase in the near future due to the peak of the epidemic season.
- Escherichia coli O157 outbreak in Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
- Kenya: Multidrug resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae outbreak in newborns at Nairobi hospital
- Typhoid cases up 121% in the Philippines in 2022
- Taiwan local dengue cases double
- Mauritania reports four human Rift Valley fever deaths
- France local dengue transmission rises to 36 cases
- Panama: Dengue, malaria and leishmaniasis in the Metropolitan Health Region