By NewsDesk @bactiman63
Japanese health authorities reported (computer translated) today that testing of people onboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Yokohama Port revealed 70 additional COVID-19 cases.
To date, a total of 1,219 people were tested, with 355 testing positive for the virus, including 111 asymptomatic carriers.
In China, officials reported an additional 2,009 COVID-19 cases and 142 deaths yesterday. This brings the total to 68,500 cases and 1,665 deaths.
Globally, more than 69,000 COVID-19 cases have been reported from 29 countries. A handful of countries outside of China have reported deaths.
- Salmonella prompts FDA warning over Aunt Jeni’s frozen raw pet food
- Brazil: Melioidosis cases in Piauí state prompt instruction for providers
- Florida: Strangles reported on Marion and Alachua county premises
- Egypt COVID-19 case: More details
- Ebola vaccine, ERVEBO, approved in 4 African countries
- COVID-19: Singapore reports 5 additional cases, total now 72
- Dengue fever: Paraguay outbreak update
- Philippines: 17th polio case reported since September 2019
- France reports COVID-19 death, 1st in Europe