A relatively new advanced degree is now available at select institutions for Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS), or Medical Laboratory Scientists (MLS), and that’s the Doctorate in Clinical Laboratory Science (DCLS).
Texas State University Program Chair for the Clinical Laboratory Science Program, Rodney Rohde, PhD joins me on the show to talk about this exciting new degree for practicing CLSs who wish to further their level of clinical expertise and to develop leadership and management skills.
For more info on the programs:
Other podcasts with Dr Rohde:
- The Medical Laboratory profession: A discussion with Dr Rodney Rohde
- Healthcare-associated infections: A discussion with Dr Rodney Rohde
- Lab Week 2017: A discussion panel
- Laboratory testing and sepsis
- Infectious diseases: Some select ‘pearls’ with Sandra Gompf, MD
- Antibiotics: How to optimize the use and dosing of Vancomycin
- Schistosomiasis: In terms of impact, it’s second only to malaria as the most devastating parasitic disease
- The 1918 Influenza Pandemic: A short history and lessons learned