In total, 11,735 cases of tuberculosis were detected in the province of Kasaï in 2021. It was the provincial coordinating doctor of the Leprosy and tuberculosis program in this part of the country, Florent Longonya, who gave these statistics to the local press last Thursday.
He said that the provincial coordination of Leprosy and Tuberculosis will increase efforts this year to screen a larger number which will be higher than last year.
“In 2021, we detected 11,735 cases of tuberculosis throughout the province [of Kasaï, Ndlr]. This is a large number but compared to the objectives, it is still low. We want to go beyond. For the first two quarters of this year, we are already over 400 cases detected. So, for this year, we are struggling to achieve the higher figures than those achieved last year ,” said Doctor Florent Longonya.
In 2020, 10,001 cases of tuberculosis were detected in Kasai province.
- Syphilis cases up 300% in Centre County, Pennsylvania
- Utah confirms first case of COVID-19 in mule deer
- Measles outbreak declared in South Sudan
- MERS coronavirus case confirmed in Qatar
- Pennsylvania: H5N1 avian influenza detected in bald eagle in Chester County
- Spain: 50,000-plus people live with Chagas disease, according to ISGlobal estimates
- Argentina reports possible case of measles in Buenos Aires