The Uganda Ministry of Health recorded two additional confirmed Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) cases, bringing the cumulative cases to 36 (18 confirmed and 18 probable cases).
Two new deaths were also recorded– for a cumulative total of 23 (5 confirmed deaths and 18 probable deaths).
The government has ruled out the possibility of imposing a lockdown on Mubende District, the epicentre of the Ebola Sudan strain, opting for strict adherence to health guidelines at both public and private facilities, according to a Daily Monitor report.
“Markets, schools, and shops will remain open. Send the children to school but remain vigilant and cooperate with the health teams on ground,” Health minister, Dr Ruth Aceng said.
- Nepal: Dengue case tally tops 25K for 2022
- Florida locally acquired dengue fever count now 19, Testing reveals DENV-3 strain
- California: St. Louis Encephalitis case/death reported in Fresno County
- Uganda: Ebola cases reported outside Mubende
- Peru: Dengue cases nearly double 2021 numbers
- Mauritania Rift Valley fever update: 14 human cases, 9 deaths
- DC Cobbs’ Link in Outbreak of Gastrointestinal Illness