Since 2014, some media and radio personalities have attributed the increase in Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) cases in the US to immigrant children from Central America.
The latest was a segment last week on the Savage Nation with Michael Savage, a very popular talk radio program.
What is EV-D68 and is it an imported disease from immigrant children? I look at this in this latest installment in the Infectious Disease News Brief.
- Infectious disease news brief: Florida Hepatitis A outbreak
- Lyme disease, ticks and the ecology with Richard Ostfeld, PhD
- Polio eradication successes and struggles, Unusual infectious disease news
- Chronic Wasting Disease and the CIDRAP program
- Asian longhorned ticks with Maria Diuk-Wasser, PhD
- Organ donation: A look at some bioethical issues with Sigrid Fry-Revere, JD, PhD
- Outbreak News This Week Radio Show: Rockland measles outbreak, RFK Jr., Health promotion
- Vaccine hesitancy, social media and a federal role in vaccines?
- Disease outbreaks in slum communities