Florida health officials reported an additional locally transmitted dengue fever case in Miami-Dade County in the past week, bringing the total indigenous cases to 11 this year to date– Broward (2) and Miami-Dade (9) counties.
Two hundred and four cases with onset in 2023 have been reported in individuals with travel history to a dengue-endemic area in the two weeks prior to onset
In addition, an additional case of human West Nile virus (WNV) was reported in Escambia County in the past week. in 2023 to date, two WNV cases have been reported, both in Escambia County with onset in July.
- Nevada: Hantavirus case confirmed in Washoe County
- Co-infection by novel species of parasite is confirmed in visceral leishmaniasis patient
- Bubonic plague cases reported in North China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
- Measles cases top 3,000 in Kazakhstan
- South Korea issues warning about dengue and other mosquito-borne infectious diseases when traveling abroad
- Thailand dengue update, 1st monkeypox death
- Cyprus: Feline Infectious Peritonitis outbreak results in death of up to 30% of cats
- Whooping cough in Denmark: Increased incidence of infections reported this summer