In a follow-up on the monkeypox situation in Florida, state health officials now report 109 total confirmed/probable cases through July 11, with the bulk of cases reported in South Florida.
Broward County has seen the most cases with 70, followed by 19 in Miami-Dade.
In total, 10 counties have reported at least one case–Collier (1), Lake (1), Orange (5), Palm Beach (4), Pinellas (5), Polk (2), Santa Rosa (1) and Seminole (1).
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports 866 total confirmed monkeypox/orthopoxvirus cases through July 11.
- ABQ BioPark Zoo reports the death of a chimpanzee due to Shigella
- New Zealand reports 2nd monkeypox case, No evidence of any community transmission
- Nipah virus vaccine: Moderna says first participant has been dosed in a Phase 1 trial
- Alaska rabies: ‘This is the first time a bat on Douglas Island or in the Juneau area has tested positive’
- Brazil: 122K chikungunya cases reported through June
- Brazil has more than 200 confirmed cases of monkeypox
- Russia: 19 Q Fever cases confirmed in the Rostov Region