By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
France’s Ministry of Solidarity and Health reported (computer translated) Friday three confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus 2019-nCoV.
The three patients, having stayed in China, are currently hospitalized in referral health establishments (ESR), one in Bordeaux and two in Paris. All the necessary isolation and hygiene measures have been taken.
An in-depth epidemiological investigation around these cases was immediately implemented. All the people who have been in close contact with these patients are being counted. They will receive specific instructions from the health authorities to avoid contact, in order to limit the spread of the virus.
- Novel coronavirus epidemic situation, US State Dept. says do not travel to Hubei
- Hong Kong reports three additional imported cases of novel coronavirus infection
- Chicago health officials: 2019-nCoV patient in stable condition and hospitalized
- Illinois: 2nd travel related novel coronavirus case reported in the US
- Haiti: One year cholera free
- Vietnam reports two novel coronavirus cases
- 2019-nCoV: Wuhan shut down, Not a Public Health Emergency of International Concern