By: Candess Zona Mendola of MakeFoodSafe
The FDA confirms a positive sample of Fresh Express Sweet Hearts salad mix has been reported to match the outbreak strain. Fresh Express has also voluntarily recalled products and consumers are advised not to eat, sell or serve any recalled products. A list of the recalled products can be found here.
In the meantime, Fresh Express voluntarily ceased production at their Streamwood, Illinois facility.
- Alberta: 1st case of BSE reported in Canada in 6 years
- Omicron: Iran reports 1st case in individual who came from UAE and lives in Tehran
- DRC: Dozens of cholera cases reported in Uvira, South Kivu
- South Carolina: Greenville dog tests positive for rabies, At least 18 people were potentially exposed
- England Omicron: 9,400 additional cases reported, London Mayor declares ‘major incident’
- Syphilis testing: False positive Bio-Rad RPR reported following COVID-19 vaccine
- Lassa fever in Nasarawa State, Nigeria prompts intensified surveillance and response
- Omicron cases in the EU top 3,000; ECDC Director says a ‘rapid increase in Omicron cases is imminent’
- Norway: Omicron variant is becoming established and will soon dominate