By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The cases are mostly reported among nomadic settlers from 14 communities in two districts (West Gonja and North Gonja) in Savannah Region, northwest Ghana (bordering Côte d’Ivoire).
Eleven out of the 42 suspected cases, including all the three PCR positive cases died, case fatality rate (CFR) 36%. Three blood samples collected from suspected cases tested YF PCR positive at Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR) and six additional samples tested YF IgM positive by ELISA at the National Public Health and Reference Laboratory.
- Measles outbreak kills 45 in Kasongo, Maniema province in 3 weeks
- Ebola outbreak in DRC rises to 11 cases
- New Hampshire reports 3 additional Jamestown Canyon Virus cases, brings total to 4 in 2021
- White-tailed deer may be a reservoir for the SARS-CoV-2 virus: Study
- COVID-19 alpha variant detected in dogs and cats with suspected myocarditis
- Bird flu in Europe: France moves to ‘high risk’
- Kenya: Tharaka Nithi County on high alert over visceral leishmaniasis outbreak
- Sweden reports monophasic Salmonella Typhimurium outbreak, 33 affected
- Nigeria reports 400 Lassa fever cases through October