By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The declaration to the end of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak is around the corner–scheduled for June 19.
To date, a total of 23 cases have been reported, including 16 confirmed cases, and 7 probable cases, of which 9 have recovered, and 12 have died (case fatality ratio 52.2%).
A confirmed case of Lassa fever was notified on 8 May 2021 at the Yomou prefecture hospital. The patient was also confirmed to be positive for COVID-19 and later died.
To date, no new suspected cases of Lassa hemorrhagic fever have been reported. However, the prefecture of Bheeta is regarded as active, with the prefectures of Yomou-Centre, Péla, Yomou and Bignamou on alert.
The World Health Organization (WHO) says Lassa fever is endemic in Guinea and surrounding countries, so cases are not unexpected.
- Leptospirosis in New Caledonia: 190 cases since the beginning of the year
- Pasco County, Florida: Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Advisory issued, EEE detected in sentinel chickens
- Rabies death reported in Sarawak, Malaysia; 3rd case of 2021
- Plague outbreak in Ituri province, DRC
- Karachi: Another human rabies death reported
- Malaysia reports nearly 7,000 COVID-19 cases, One day record
- Detroit: First rabies positive dog in Michigan reported in a decade
- Cambodia: Chikungunya increases reported in Ratanakiri province