By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak in Guinea has grown to 17 total cases (13 confirmed and 4 probable) and eight deaths, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
The outbreak was declared on February 14.
Currently, only one health district is active (reporting at least one confirmed cases) and six health districts are on alert (have at least one contact) out of 38.
Vaccination has started, with a cumulative total of 1097 people vaccinated, including 164 high-risk contacts, 758 contacts-of-contacts and 175 probable contacts, including 314 healthcare workers.
- Rabies: South Africa reports first human death of 2021 in KwaZulu-Natal
- Brazil P.1 COVID-19 variant cases reported in the UK
- Brazil: Acre state dengue fever cases top 1600 in first 2 months of 2021
- FDA issues Emergency Use Authorization for the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine, the 3rd to date
- Auckland goes into another lockdown after COVID-19 case reported
- Dengue fever in Vietnam and the Philippines: Among the most globally so far in 2021
- Ebola in Africa prompts CDC travel notice, Travelers from DRC and Guinea ‘funneled’ to 6 US airports
- COVID-19 not transmitted via food: FDA statement
- Leishmaniasis outbreak reported in Mandera, Kenya