According to the World Health Organization:
On August 15, 2023, WHO AFRO was informed about a confirmed case of dengue fever in Guinea. It is a 37-year-old physician from Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, who arrived in Conakry, Republic of Guinea, on August 3, 2023.
The patient had onset of symptoms on 5 August 2023, including fever, headaches, nasal discharge, and general body weakness. A sample collected on 14 August 2023, confirmed the patient’s positive for Dengue.
- Iran reports dozens of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever cases: Local media
- Laos dengue cases top 23,000
- Lassa fever in Nigeria 2023: The latest data
- West Nile virus in Italy 2023
- Dengue fever: Martinique and Guadeloupe have entered the epidemic phase
- Diphtheria in Europe: ECDC Update 8/18/2023
- Colombia dengue update through epi week 32
- Non-travel related Cyclospora infections in Canada rise to 299
- DR Congo: 15,525 cases of measles including 655 deaths reported in Kasai province year to date
- Malaysia dengue cases up 117 percent in 2023 to date