The Hong Kong Centre for Health Protection (CHP) announced an additional human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in the Mainland, the 38th human case reported in China since 2014 and the 12th case in 2021.
The case involves a 55-year-old woman living in Chenzhou City of Hunan Province, who had prior exposure to a live poultry market before the onset of symptoms. She developed symptoms on July 26 and was admitted for treatment on August 1. The patient is in serious condition.
- Melioidosis fatality reported in Georgia
- Prion research suspended in France following death of lab worker -Video news report
- Colorado: Dog tests positive for plague in Teller County
- Marburg virus confirmed: 1st ever case in Guinea
- E. coli Outbreak Linked to Portillo’s in Chicago
- China: Human anthrax case reported in Beijing
- Philippines COVID-19: Increase in cases nearly 50%, Most regions report Delta variant
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: 7 days in jail for not wearing a mask in Lubumbashi