Today, the Department of Health of Ho Chi Minh City said that as of this morning, the city had recorded 16 deaths from dengue fever, an increase of 13 cases compared to 2021.
Specifically, the highest number of deaths from dengue fever was in Cu Chi district with 4 cases; Binh Tan district and Binh Chanh district both have 2 cases; Go Vap District, District 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, Hoc Mon District and Thu Duc City each have 1 case.
According to the Department of Health of Ho Chi Minh City, in 2022, the number of dengue cases weekly increases earlier than the same period in 2021 and an average of 5 years (2016 – 2020). The number of cases began to increase continuously from week 13 to now.
As of July 27, the cumulative number of cases in the city was 32,011 cases, an increase of 293.8 percent over the same period in 2021 and an increase of 122.7 percent over the same period in the 2016-2020 period. Severe cases were 502 cases, accounting for 1.57% of the total number of cases, much higher than the same period in previous years. The cumulative number of outbreaks is 1,888. From May 23 to now, the number of outbreaks in the city is over 100 outbreaks/week. The districts with many outbreaks are District 12, Cu Chi, Hoc Mon and Tan Phu.
The Department of Health added that in 2022, there are 6 districts with the highest number of cases and cases per 100,000 people, namely District 12, Binh Chanh, Binh Tan, Cu Chi, Hoc Mon and Tan Phu. In particular, Can Gio has the lowest number of absolute cases in the city, but it is very high per 100,000 population, ranking 7th out of 22 districts.
According to Mr. Nguyen Huu Hung, Deputy Director of the Department of Health of Ho Chi Minh City, in order to be proactive in the prevention and treatment of dengue fever, the Department has developed a plan to ensure the prevention and treatment of dengue fever in the country. The city is under three scenarios: less than 2,000 cases, from 2,000 to 4,000 cases and from 4,000 to 6,000 cases being treated at hospitals in order to prepare resources to receive, care for, treat, and reduce the rate of death. morbidity and mortality from dengue. Currently, Ho Chi Minh City is in situation 2 (each day there are from 2,000-4,000 cases and from 300-600 cases of dengue fever hospitalized).
The Department of Health of Ho Chi Minh City has suggested that all assigned hospitals have ready beds, personnel, drugs, fluids, etc. to receive and treat patients.
- Acute hepatitis cases of unknown origin in children linked to adeno-associated virus 2: Studies
- Brazil: Monkeypox situation ‘is very worrying’
- Colorado confirms first anthrax cases in cattle since 2012
- Alabama: 4 vibriosis cases reported in Mobile County year to date
- Ukraine: 3,533 rotavirus cases reported in first six months of 2022
- Norway monkeypox risk assessment: ‘A very small probability of an epidemic of monkeypox in the general population’
- Costa Rica reports 1st monkeypox case
- Polio: 13th case reported in Pakistan in child from Lakki Marwat
- Argentina: Preventing Andes hantavirus outbreaks in the Comarca, Patagonia