Here are the top five posts on Outbreak News Today for the week Jan. 26 through Feb. 1:
After a slight lull in cases in 2017, the Philippines reported at least 200,000 dengue fever cases in 2018, just as in 2015 and 2016.
The measles outbreak in the northwest US has been one of the bigger stories and our #4 post is just one of those updates.
The number 3 post of the week was on the CDC health advisory over the third Brucella RB51 infection since mid-2017.
An update on the diphtheria outbreak in Venezuela was the second most popular post last week.
The report on the proclamation by Washington Gov. Jay Inslee of a state of emergency over the measles outbreak was the #1 post of the week.
- New York: Monroe County measles outbreak at 7 cases
- Infectious disease bric-a-bracs: Measles
- Mayotte reports increase in Rift Valley fever cases
- Kentucky hepatitis A outbreak closes in on 4,000 cases
- Using the chickenpox virus to develop a vaccine against HIV
- Chikungunya: 11 cases diagnosed in Selangor, Malaysia
- Antifungal drug, TOLSURA™, now available in the US