Infectious diseases contracted on a dare

An Australian man died in December from a serious Salmonella infection, some say was contracted by eating a gecko on a dare at a Christmas Party.

This is not the first time someone either got very sick or actually died from an infectious agent they got from eating something raw on a dare–I look at a couple of these cases.

Message here—Don’t take people up on these crazy dares–the outcome can be very bad.

1st case of Candida auris in Hong Kong

Chikungunya Lab Error

West Nile virus in the US: 20 years ago in NYC

France has the lowest levels of trust in vaccines globally

The 8 Most Important Zoonotic diseases in the US

Naegleria fowleri: Fourth Annual PAM Summit 2019

Vibrio vulnificus infection reported in Corpus Christi, Texas

Ebola declared NOT a public health emergency of international concern

Rabies in the US: Geography, wildlife, exposure and prevention

Nipah virus confirmed in Kerala, India

Los Angeles: Typhoid and typhus and plague??, Oh my!!

Congenital syphilis on the rise in the US: Tragic and Preventable!

One thought on “Infectious diseases contracted on a dare”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *