By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Israeli health officials have reported (computer translated) the first COVID-19 case in a repatriated passenger from the Diamond Princess cruise ship that was quarantined in Japan.
The remaining returning passengers tested negative today. The patient is in quarantine and under supervision and this is not an infection that took place in Israel.”, the health ministry said in a statement.
In related news, the health ministry reports (computer translated) nine South Korean nationals who visited Israel and the West Bank in February have tested positive for COVID-19.
Israeli officials published the following flight and location information for the public:
Flight number upon entering Israel on 08/02/2020 KE957 and flight number upon leaving Israel on 15/02/2020 KE958.
Following this report, the Ministry of Health performs an epidemiological investigation to identify people who came into contact with this group in Israel.
The Ministry of Health wishes to instruct the Israeli public as follows:
- Anyone who came in close contact (at a distance of less than two meters and for at least 15 minutes) with members of this group according to the dates and location detailed below, is requested to enter home quarantine for a duration of 14 days since last date of contact with the group and report this at the Ministry of Health’s website or Kol Habriut Hotline, *5400. Furthermore, should you develop the symptoms of the disease (fever over 38, coughing, or other respiratory symptoms) seek medical assistance in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s instructions on the website, all the while calling ahead of time and following the Ministry’s guidelines.
- Anyone who was in the same locations at the same time detailed below as the group *but without close contact* is not required to enter home quarantine but is asked to remain vigilant to the symptoms of the disease (fever over 38, coughing or other respiratory symptoms).
Should you develop the symptoms, seek medical assistance in accordance with the instructions published at the Ministry’s website.
Below is a list of locations and times of exposure:
- 8.2 – Flight KE957 enters Israel
- 8.2 – After 20:00: Tower of David Hotel in Netanya and Gallery Hotel
- 9.2 – Caesarea, Gabriel Hotel in Nazareth, Basilica of the Annunciation, Church of the Holy Family, Ein Gev Hotel
- 10.2 – Ein Gev Hotel, Tanureen Restaurant, Church of the Primacy of Saint Peter, Church of the Loaves and Fish
- 11.2 – David Hotel, Dead Sea
- 12.2 – Masada, Timna Park, Leonardo Hotel in Beer Sheba
- 13.2 – National Park in Beer Sheba, Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron, Grand Court Hotel in Jerusalem
- 14.2 – Mount of Olives in Jerusalem – Bethphage, Chapel of the Ascension, Pater Noster Church, Dominus Flevit Church, Gethsemane Church, Mount Zion – Room of the Last Supper, Mary’s Tomb, Gallicantu Church.
- 15.2 – Jerusalem Gold Restaurant, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem – St. John’s Church, the Visitation Church, St. Anne’s Church, Pool of the Flock (Bethesda) Church, Holy Sepulcher Church, Anastasis Church.
- 15.2 – Flight KE958 leaves Israel.
- COVID-19 outbreak tops 600 in South Korea, Country on ‘red alert’
- Italy COVID-19 case count now 79, Government introduces urgent measures
- Egypt, Algeria and Republic of South Africa, main gates for coronavirus importation in Africa
- Easter Island: 3 locally transmitted dengue cases confirmed
- UAE: Two additional COVID-19 cases reported,
- Iran COVID-19 cases increase to 28
- COVID-19 vaccine: University of Queensland researchers make ‘significant step’
- COVID-19 in the US: CDC update