Following reports from Europe and the United States recently of acute hepatitis of unknown origin, the Israel Ministry of Health reported Tuesday 12 cases of children that were brought to the attention of the Ministry of Health in recent months in two hospitals, Shaare Zedek and Schneider, and may fit the case definition.
The reports are currently under investigation.
Health officials are asking clinicians to look back as far as early January for suspected cases.
- China reports human H5N6 avian influenza case in Sichuan Province
- Zambia schistosomiasis outbreak in Kapululira, Chirundu has resolved: Health Minister
- Haiti issues epidemiological alert over highly contagious skin infection
- Polio in Israel with Dr. Stephen Berger
- Trichinosis outbreak: Dozens more cases reported in Córdoba, Argentina
- DRC reports more than 1,000 monkeypox cases during first quarter of 2022
- Plague in DRC: 56 cases reported in 2022 to date, Most in Lokpa
- Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever: Promising drug candidates identified