Australia has been tackling a Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV) outbreak in recent months where dozens of human cases and scores of piggeries have been affected.
It is also the first time the virus has been reported in Southern Australia.
- Ebola outbreak in DRC: Patient received vaccine in 2020 and other details
- Canada: Sled dog tests positive for rabies in Nunavut
- Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever in Southern Iraq
- Brazil: Nearly 27,000 dengue cases reported in Federal District during first 3 months
- Emerging MRSA strain with high potential for spread in the community has been isolated from hedgehogs in Helsinki
- Reunion Island reports spike in leptospirosis
- Guinea: Lassa fever epidemic declared after confirmation in 17-year-old
- Acute, severe hepatitis of unknown origin in children reported in a dozen countries, 17 required liver transplant
- Virginia: Three one-year-olds exposed to THC in Goldfish crackers at daycare
- Pakistan: Child from North Waziristan is first wild poliovirus case since Jan. 2021
- Japan syphilis cases surge, Up 1.6 times compared to the same period in 2021