I recently saw an Open letter to Vermont legislators several years ago who were considering vaccine legislation from an immunologist named Dr Tetyana Obukhanych. The letter was resurrected and published on the website called Health Impact News.
Basically her goal in the letter is to say that its unwarranted the parents should be forced to get their children vaccinated before going to school.
In this letter she makes many claims and I wanted to get the thoughts of vaccine expert.
Joining me now to dissect the claims made in the letter is Paul Offit, MD. Dr Offit is the Maurice R. Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology, Professor of Pediatrics at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, and the Director of the Vaccine Education Center at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Vaccines: An interview with Dr. Paul Offit
- Vaccines, autism and a very important book
- A ridiculous measles vaccine article examined
- Vaccines: How they work and some common misconceptions
- Flu shots: Some protection is better than no protection
- How contagious is measles? Answer: Very
- Venezuela epidemics: From measles to malaria with Dr. Alberto Paniz-Mondolfi
- Measles, vaccines and Ebola with Dr Rob Cohen
- The importance of vaccines with Dr. Libby Richards