By Press release @bactiman63
Los Angeles County health officials have reported two additional cases of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C). This brings the total cases of MIS-C in L.A. County to 43 children.
All 43 children with MIS-C in L.A. County were hospitalized and nearly 50% of the children were treated in the ICU. Of the children with MIS-C, 26% were under the age of 5 years old, 37% were between the ages of 5 and 11 years old, and 37% were between the ages of 12 and 20 years old. Latino/Latinx children account for 72% of the reported cases. No children have died from MIS-C in L.A. County.
In addition, health authorities confirmed 23 new deaths and 2,773 new cases of COVID-19 Friday.
The high number of new cases include backlog cases due to technical issues with data reporting systems this week. Public Health anticipates receiving additional backlog test results over the next few days. To date, Public Health has identified 296,821 positive cases of COVID-19 across all areas of L.A. County, and a total of 6,974 deaths.
There are 769 people with COVID-19 currently hospitalized and 29% of these people are in the ICU. The number of daily hospitalizations has remained stable and under 800 daily hospitalizations since mid-September.
Of the 23 new deaths reported today, eight people that passed away were over the age of 80 years old, 10 people who died were between the ages of 65 and 79 years old, four people who died were between the ages of 50 and 64 years old, and one person who died was between the ages of 30 and 49 years old. Twenty-one people who died had underlying health conditions including seven people over the age of 80, 10 people between the ages of 65 and 79 years old, and four people between the ages of 50 and 64 years old, and one person between the ages of 30 and 49 years old.
- New Hampshire reports potential community COVID-19 exposures linked to establishments in Portsmouth and Concord
- Fiji: Health Minister speaks at the Leptospirosis, Typhoid, Dengue and Diarrhea campaign launch
- Philippines: Davao City reports most new COVID-19 cases, Measles/Polio vaccination campaign in La Union
- Malaysia: Sarawak reports 4th human rabies case of 2020
- Rabies in deer reported in 4 west-central New York counties
- COVID-19: SARS-CoV-2 antibodies detectable up to seven months post disease onset
- Dengue in Europe: 18 locally acquired cases reported this year