Louisiana state health officials report two new cases of monkeypox infection in Louisiana residents. Both individuals are from LDH Region 1 (Orleans, Plaquemines, Jefferson, St. Bernard).
This brings the total number of monkeypox cases in Louisiana residents to three. Last week health officials identified its first monkeypox case in a Louisiana resident, also in Region 1.
There are likely more undiagnosed human cases of monkeypox in Louisiana than have been formally tested and identified to date.
- Philippines reports 157 rabies cases during first six months of 2022, Slight decrease compared to last year
- Japanese encephalitis in Taiwan, 3 additional cases reported
- Taiwan reports 2nd monkeypox case
- Parechovirus (PeV) is currently circulating in the United States: CDC
- Florida health officials say monkeypox case total over 100
- New Mexico reports 1st probable case of monkeypox
- ABQ BioPark Zoo reports the death of a chimpanzee due to Shigella
- New Zealand reports 2nd monkeypox case, No evidence of any community transmission