New national case counts have been released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and we see it continue to rise by the dozens.
The biggest outbreaks in the United States, in New York City and Rockland County, NY also reported updated numbers on Monday.
Weirdly, while some 750 measles cases have been reported in these two outbreaks, anti-vaccine rallies were held in the heart of one of the outbreaks–Rockland County–with speakers like Andrew Wakefield and Dr. Lawrence Palevsky.
And up the road in Albany, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr was at a rally railing against the proposed strengthening of New York’s vaccination law.
Check out this video news brief for more on these developments:
- Measles cases rise to 60 in Auckland
- Pakistan: Nearly 3,000 typhoid cases in Karachi year-to-date
- Dengue fever epidemic in Reunion: 10,000 cases since January
- Argentina reports two botulism cases linked to hummus
- Chicago: Measles case confirmed; Possible exposures at University of Illinois Chicago, Millennium Park
- Berkeley, CA: Measles case confirmed, Potential exposure place is the Berkeley Bowl
- Equine Herpes reported in Chester County, PA
- Thailand chikungunya update
- Belgium Legionnaires’ disease update