On 15 February 2023, an outbreak of meningitis was officially declared by the Ministry of Health of Togo, in Oti South district of Savana region in the northern part of the country.
The epidemic threshold has been crossed in week 6 (ending 12 February), with a cumulative of 72 suspected cases and seven deaths (CFR 9.7%) reported between week 51, 2022 (ending 25 December) and week 6, 2023.
The attack rate is of 55.2 per 100 000 population. Ten cases have been laboratory-confirmed to Streptococcus pneumoniae. More than 80% of cases are aged above 10 years.
- Nigeria diphtheria outbreak update: More than 300 confirmed cases
- Taiwan reports 2 local monkeypox cases in Hsinchu County and Kaohsiung City
- MD Now Opens Urgent Care Clinic in West Fort Pierce
- Florida: Bay Pines VA Updates Masking Requirements at All Facilities
- Staphylococcus aureus: Let’s Talk Micro Podcast
- Ghana reports 12 additional Lassa fever cases
- Salmonella outbreak linked to Florida raw oysters
- China reports human avian influenza A(H5N6) case in Guangdong
- Dengue in Bolivia update: More than 11,000 cases, 33 deaths