By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In Mexico to date, 304,435 cases and 35,491 deaths from COVID-19 have been confirmed. The five entities with the highest number of accumulated cases are: Mexico City, State of Mexico, Tabasco, Puebla and Veracruz.
Concerning the deaths, Mexico City, the State of Mexico, Baja California, Veracruz and Puebla are the five entities that have registered the greater number of deaths and that together represent more than half (53.6%) of all those in the country. Mexico City reports 21.8% of all deaths nationwide.
Health officials offer the following:
- People suffering from diseases such as: diabetes, hypertension, morbid obesity, kidney failure, lupus, cancer, heart and respiratory diseases, as well as transplants, older adults from the age of 60, pregnant people and those who are in charge of caring for their children under 12 years of age; they should shelter at home.
- Keep a healthy distance, if you have contact with people outside the nuclear family, keep a distance 1.5 meters away from each other
- Protection and care of older adults, the most important measure is social isolation volunteer for older adults and follow healthy distance recommendations and prevention measures
if you visit older adults
- Greet at a distance, do not kiss or hug.
- UTMB researchers have discovered a new antiviral mechanism for dengue therapeutics
- Singapore dengue cases top 17,000, More than 2019 total, Enforcement and penalties
- Tocilizumab linked to 45% lower risk of dying among critically ill COVID-19 patients
- Scientists discover key element of strong antibody response to COVID-19
- Head lice activity is up in the US in the time of the pandemic
- Syphilis cases double in Iceland
- Severe COVID-19: Smoking habits trump asthma, obesity in risk factors for otherwise healthy population
- Mongolia: Plague death reported, Immunization campaign underway
- Diphtheria outbreak in Vietnam: 68 cases in the Central Highlands region, Vaccination campaign launched