Michigan health officials reported four additional confirmed measles cases in Oakland County, bringing the current outbreak to 34 cases.
This is the highest number of measles in the state since 1991 when 65 cases were reported.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is working closely with Oakland and Wayne county health departments to identify possible exposure locations.
- Yeshivas Darchei Torah School, 21550 West 12 Mile Road, Southfield, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Congregation B’Nai Israel: 15400 W. 10 Mile Road, Oak Park, 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- Bais Haknesses Hagrah, 14561 W. Lincoln Blvd., Oak Park, 7 – 10 a.m.
- Beaumont Medical Building, 1st Floor: 3535 W. 13 Mile Road, Royal Oak, 2:30 – 5 p.m.
- Yeshivas Darchei Torah School, 21550 West 12 Mile Road, Southfield, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Bais Haknesses Hagrah: 14561 W. Lincoln Blvd., Oak Park, 7 – 10 a.m.
- Yeshivas Darchei Torah School: 21550 West 12 Mile Road, Southfield, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Congregation B’Nai Israel: 15400 W. 10 Mile Road, Oak Park, 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
From January 1 to March 28, 2019, 387 individual cases of measles have been confirmed in 15 states. This is the second-greatest number of cases reported in the U.S. since measles was eliminated in 2000.
In fact, the number of cases to date has eclipsed the total measles cases in all of 2018 (372).
- New South Wales: Measles strikes infants to young to be vaccinated
- Measles diagnosed in Boston area: Potential exposure in multiple locations
- New Zealand: CDHB CEO David Meates says there are 39 confirmed measles cases
- Measles cases in the US prompts AMA response
- Kentucky hepatitis A death count rises after delayed review of death certifications
- Dengue fever: Reunion reports more than 3,000 cases in 2019
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis: NIH calls for concerted research to develop non-polio enterovirus-specific diagnostics, more