Measles has now spread to south central Minnesota for the first time in 2017 as Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) officials report two confirmed cases in Le Sueur County.
The outbreak total is now 58 in the state with the county breakdown as follows: 49 in Hennepin County, 3 in Ramsey County, 4 in Crow Wing County and 2 in Le Sueur County.
55 of the 58 cases are confirmed to be unvaccinated while 55 of the cases have been reported in children (ages 0-17 years) and 49 of the cases are Somali Minnesotan.
- Mumps in Hawaii: Cases rise to 30
- Appalachian State University mumps tally among students is three
- Rat lungworm: Additional case reported on Big Island
- Anthrax sickens six slaughterhouse workers in Thika, Kenya
- Gauteng Province measles outbreak now 17 cases, Mass measles vaccination campaign this month
- Alaska: Mumps case confirmed in Anchorage
- Melanoma: An interview with dermatologist, Dr Seth Forman
- Powassan virus: A discussion with Durland Fish, PhD