By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Two cases of bubonic plague have been confirmed recently in the neighboring province of Khovd.
According to the NCZD, immunization against marmot plague is being organized nationwide from June 15 to July 20, 2020.
As of July 8, 2020, the national immunization coverage against marmot plague was 32.1 percent. Of these, Govisumber, Darkhan and Khuvsgul aimags have been fully immunized. Sukhbaatar, Zavkhan, Dornod, Dornogovi, Dundgovi and Gobi-Altai aimags have immunization coverage of more than 50 percent.
Residents of some regions with natural foci of marmot epidemic are not sufficiently vaccinated against the disease, so those who need to be vaccinated should contact the relevant aimag, soum and district health centers and zoonoses research centers and actively participate.
- Diphtheria outbreak in Vietnam: 68 cases in the Central Highlands region, Vaccination campaign launched
- Plague infected squirrel detected in central Colorado
- Russia: Trichinosis sends 10 people to the hospital after eating undercooked bear
- COVID-19 in Mexico: ‘The most dangerous country for doctors’
- Dengue in Florida: 3 additional locally transmitted cases reported in Monroe County
- South Carolina: First EEE case reported in Marion County horse
- Okinawa: Scores of COVID-19 cases reported on US bases