According to the Gobierno de España Ministerio de Sanidad Friday, according to data from the National Epidemiological Surveillance Network (RENAVE), as of July 8, there have been reported a total of 2,034 confirmed cases of monkeypox (MPX).
The reported cases come from 16 Autonomous Communities: Madrid 922, Catalonia 665 (due to problems computer systems, only 159 cases are included in the SiViES notification platform), Andalucía 181, Canary Islands 66, Valencia Community 49, Balearic Islands 35, Basque Country 31, Aragon 23, Asturias 16, Castilla-La Mancha 12, Galicia 12, Castilla y León 6, Navarra 6, Extremadura 4, Cantabria 3, and Murcia 3.
The vast majority of cases were in men, 16 are in women; age ranges from 3 to 76 years, with a median age of 37 years.
The date of symptom onset is available for 1,391 cases. Of these, the first reported case started symptoms on April 26 and the last on July 5.
Clinical manifestations have been characterized in 648 cases. Most presented anogenital rash (63.6%) and in other locations (53.7%), fever (54.5%), asthenia (39.8%) and localized lymphadenopathy (39.8%).
A total of 38 patients of the 648 (5.9%) presented complications throughout their clinical process. The
most frequent were secondary bacterial infections and mouth ulcers.
Thirty-six cases were hospitalized. None of the cases have died. Of 429 cases for which information is available on the most likely transmission mechanism, 89.7% was due to close contact in the context of a sexual relationship and 10.3% due to close non-sexual contact.
- Ukraine: Chickenpox outbreak reported in Chernivtsi crisis center
- Vibrio vulnificus: Florida reports additional death in Citrus County
- Florida addresses fentanyl overdoses in Public Health and Safety Alert
- Pakistan polio vaccination campaign: More than 12.3 million children received polio vaccines in 68 districts
- Missouri reports first Naegleria fowleri case since 1987, Iowa lake closed, considered a potential exposure
- Africa: Suspected cases of Marburg virus disease reported in Ghana
- Cholera outbreak in Iraq affects scores
- Brazil: Human rabies case reported in Federal District
- Taiwan completes gene sequence of imported monkeypox case
- Brazil reports 36 new cases of monkeypox
- Dominican Republic reports 1st monkeypox case