By Candess Zona Mendola of

The local media reports Buba Noodle Bar on Lowell Street closed its doors voluntarily last week as the state investigates a cluster of salmonella infections.


The state health department had been investigating a cluster of salmonella cases last week, with some of those infected saying they had eaten at the restaurant, but it was not clear if the restaurant was the source of the infection, or what in the restaurant could have spread salmonella.

Health agents urge those that have eaten at the noodle bar and have symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting or a fever within a few days of eating should visit a doctor and ask about testing for salmonella.

Outbreak News Today added the following:

The Buba Noodle Bar posted on their Facebook page Saturday:

The owners of BUBA Noodle Restaurant wish to share an update for why we unexpectedly had to close our doors on Friday. We were notified by the City of Manchester Department of Health of a salmonella outbreak associated with our restaurant affecting a small number of our patrons. As soon as we were notified, we shut down operations to take immediate steps to remedy the problem.

If anyone reading this is feeling ill and has been a customer at BUBA in the last week, please notify your doctor. BUBA will remain closed until this problem is fully resolved. We are working closely with the Manchester Health Department and the State of NH and we are following all recommendations.

Our restaurant will undergo a professional cleaning and will fully abide by all recommendations of the Manchester Health Department. We assure you that we will not reopen until the city approves all BUBA’S standards of practice and clears us of any further concerns.

Customer safety is our number one concern. We consider all of you part of our extended family and we are deeply sorry for this situation. We appreciate your past support and hope we can count on it in the future. Many thanks for the help of the Manchester Health Department.

We will keep all of you posted on progress towards safely reopening.