There is an outbreak of Nipah virus disease in several districts in Bangladesh. This outbreak is related to the consumption of date palm sap.
I take a look at the numbers, the history and general information about Nipah virus.
- Japan: Two lions die from coronavirus at Adventure World
- Netherlands: The number of people with scabies is growing again
- South Africa measles outbreak tops 700 cases since October 2022
- Ontario: Northwestern Health Unit reports syphilis rise in Sioux Lookout, Kenora
- China reports human case of avian influenza A(H5N1) in Jiangsu
- Ecuador: Epidemiological surveillance is maintained for cases of dengue, chikungunya and leptospirosis
- Malaysia dengue cases up more than 200% in 2023
- Philippines: Hand, foot and mouth disease increase reported in the Eastern Visayas, with Leyte reporting the most
- Yersinia pestis: Let’s Talk Micro Podcast
- Victoria: Two new cases of Murray Valley encephalitis (MVE) virus infection confirmed