In a follow-up on the COVID-19 outbreak among passengers and crew of the Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL) cruise ship, Norwegian Breakaway, Louisiana state health officials report seven additional COVID-19 cases, bringing the total to 17.
In addition, officials report one probable case of Omicron which has been identified among the crew. This case is among the 10 cases that had been previously reported. The crew member is not a Louisiana resident and did not leave the ship.
The cruise ship disembarked in New Orleans Sunday.
Governor John Bel Edwards, the Louisiana Department of Health, the City of New Orleans and the Port of New Orleans are aware and working closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement existing COVID-19 agreements and protocols with the cruise line.
- Louisiana reports 1st Omicron case in resident of the Greater New Orleans area
- Wales: Omicron case reported in the Cardiff and Vale University area
- Scotland: Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1 confirmed on poultry farm
- Belgium: Antwerp Zoo reports COVID-19 in hippos
- Germany COVID-19: ‘The current case numbers are far too high’, RKI President says
- Chinese official: ‘Our initial finding is that they [vaccines] still have marked effects on preventing severe diseases and deaths’
- England Omicron cases top 100, More cases in Scotland