The Oklahoma State Veterinarian Office is reporting a confirmed case of rabies in a rodeo quarter horse from Logan County, according to the Equine Disease Communication Center.
The gelding began showing symptoms, including severe neurologic, on April 27. The unvaccinated horse was euthanized.
Three additional horses on the premises were exposed and have been placed under a 6 month official quarantine to monitor for signs of illness.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: 3rd Ebola case confirmed in Mbandaka
- Costa Rica investigates case of severe hepatitis in a two-year-old girl
- Thailand issues warning about Plasmodium knowlesi malaria
- Brazil dengue outbreak tops 500K cases through April
- Anthrax outbreak in South Sudan, 20 people infected
- Singapore reports more than 6,400 dengue cases in first four months of 2022
- Zamboanga City reports climbing dengue cases
- India Newswire: Shigella in Kerala, Malaria making a comeback in Kerala and Dengue in Delhi
- Malaysia: 2nd human rabies case reported in Selangor this year
- Powassan Virus case reported in Connecticut, 1st case of 2022