On Sunday’s airing of the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, we looked at the new fluoroquinolone antibiotic, Baxdela, which garnered FDA approval recently.
Assistant Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, James McKinnell, M.D. joined me to discuss the importance of this approval.
During the second half, I began the first in a series on travel health with a thorough look at how to prepare for travel to the Philippines.
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and onlineat http://1380thebiz.com/
- Texas: Plague Confirmed at Muleshoe National Wildlife Refuge
- E. coli outbreak in southern Utah city
- Auckland reports mumps outbreak, linked to low vaccination rates
- Powassan virus: The spread is inevitable
- Costa Rica: Pink eye outbreak in Puntarenas province
- Yemen cholera cases top 250,000: ‘We are in a race against time’
- Sri Lanka dengue crisis: Military troops deployed, University of Moratuwa closed