By NewsDesk @bactiman63
A measles outbreak in the city of Jacobabad in Sindh province, Pakistan has left two children dead and many others hospitalized, according to a report in the news source, The News.
As many as 20 children of village Lakhmir suffered serious complications of measles and were admitted to taluka Hospital Gharhi Hassan, Jacobabad.
Two children, ages one and seven died from complications due to measles.
Vaccination with a measles-containing vaccine is the best way to make sure that you are protected.
- France reports death due to rabies–European bat Lyssavirus type 1, a 1st for the mainland
- Australia: GSK, MMV filing for Kozenis (tafenoquine) in pediatric populations accepted
- London Mayor, Sadiq Khan, declares a ‘major incident’ as COVID-19 spreads rapidly
- Brisbane: Positive case of UK strain of COVID-19 detected, 3-day lockdown begins
- India: 5 states report bird flu outbreaks
- Jamaica health authorities on the watch for possible salmonella outbreak
- Legionnaires’ disease outbreak in Portland: 1 dead; 4 hospitalized
- Japan: Tokyo reports record high in daily COVID-19 cases