In the Health region of San Miguelito, a considerable increase in dengue cases persists in the district through the end of September 2022.
Authorities have reported 630 cases and say it is worrying because they are already in the rainy season and the proliferation of Aedes aegypti mosquito breeding sites.
It should be noted that the Vector Control team maintains daily inspections and spraying in the areas where dengue cases are reported, in order to cut the chain of transmission of this disease, eliminating more than 1,000 potential breeding sites in the larval and adult phase. of the Aedes aegypti mosquito, transmitter of Dengue, Zika and Chikungunya, highlighted the regional director of Health Yaritzel Ríos.
The districts with the highest number of confirmed dengue cases up to week 39, we can mention Rufina Alfaro 107, Belisario Frías 88 and Amelia Denis de Icaza with 76 cases.
It is the responsibility of the population to eliminate any container that accumulates water or any object that serves as a breeding place for the Aedes aegypty mosquito that transmits dengue. The health authorities reiterate the call to the population not to lower their guard against dengue.
According to the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), Panama has reported 8,486 cumulative dengue cases year to date, including three deaths.
- Thailand: Chikungunya cases in 2022 top last years total
- Russia: 10 brucellosis cases reported in the Volgograd region
- Nebraska: Omaha Zoo closes aviary due to bird flu
- Pakistan: 6th Naegleria fowleri case reported in Karachi in 2022
- Florida: Lee County reports 29 Vibrio cases, 4 deaths due to the impacts of Hurricane Ian
- Follow-up: Hong Kong melioidosis investigation
- Lebanon cholera outbreak more than doubles