The province of Los Santos closed the year 2022 with 39 cases of hantavirus without deaths, according to the regional epidemiology report.
Of the total, 22 cases correspond to Hantavirus Cardiopulmonary Syndrome (SCPH) and 17 to Hantavirus Fever (FH), distributed in the districts of Tonosí (11 FH and 13 SCPH), Los Santos (4 FH and 4 SCPH), Las Tablas (1 FH and 3 SCPH), Macaracas (1 FH and 1 SCPH) and Guararé (1 SCPH).
The report reveals that the district of Tonosí has the highest proportion of cases with 61.5% in 2022, the province has not registered deaths from hantavirus since 2019. Another relevant aspect is that the district of Los Santos had 8 more cases than years previous.
The Minsa urges the population to keep the residential premises clean, avoid storing grain in the homes and seal holes that can become burrows for rodents, in the same way people are recommended to return to homes that have remained closed, ventilate the house and spray water before sweeping.
- Louisiana: Clostridium Botulinum type C was found in alfalfa hay cubes tied to the death of some 20 horses
- Kenya: Anthrax outbreak sickens 10 in Kisii County
- Lyme disease: Scientists are testing Raman spectroscopy as a diagnostic tool
- Norovirus outbreak on recent P&O Cruises, Arcadia, voyage
- Brazil reports more than 1,000 dengue deaths in 2022
- Malaria: Three-dose Plasmodium falciparum sporozoite (PfSPZ) vaccine shows safety, efficacy in Burkina Faso adults
- H5N6 avian influenza case reported in Hunan, China man
- Philippines dengue death toll tops 700