The Peru Ministry of Health, in an update this week, reports 176,860 total dengue fever cases this season through June 24.
The department of Piura has seen the most cases with 51,393, followed by Lima (27,632) and Lambayeque (20,075).
The number of dengue related deaths have risen to 310 during this period–233 confirmed and 77 probable.
Minister César Vásquez Sánchez announced that the Ministry of Health (Minsa) will apply a contingency plan to deal with dengue during the next two years, due to the climatic factors that our country presents.
“We are working to accelerate the drop in dengue cases and they are already in clear decline. Above all, we are applying a contingency plan until December and one for the next two years. We are clear that this disease will once again be a health problem due to the climatic factors already announced,” said the head of Health.
Said plan will include a multisectoral intervention and a regional monitoring and rapid response center, with personnel, equipment and supplies necessary to act immediately, as well as carry out an epidemiological fence as soon as the data of an outbreak is announced.
At another time, the head of the sector stated that a high-level team from Minsa will travel to the regions to monitor the actions that are taking place in the face of the low temperature season.
“In the coming days we will verify all the interventions that are being developed, such as vaccination of vulnerable groups, technical assistance to regional and local governments, as well as the medical and health promotion campaigns that they develop, will be reinforced,” added Vásquez. Sanchez.
In this sense, the minister stressed that the government of President Dina Boluarte has been making every effort to guarantee adequate patient care, as well as provide peace of mind to the country in the face of health emergencies.
- Florida reports 2 additional local malaria cases
- New Mexico: Health officials recommend clients of VIP Spa in Albuquerque get tested for blood-borne infections
- Michigan: Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus found in Bay County mosquitos
- Panama report 22 congenital syphilis cases in 1st half of 2023, Most in 24 de Diciembre
- Laos warns public of dengue as cases rise, more deaths reported
- Sri Lanka dengue cases top 50,000
- Crimean Congo hemorrhagic fever: 1st case reported in Gujarat, India this year