According to reports from the CDC Peru, in the inland department of Ucayali, 1,272 dengue fever cases were reported in the month of January, Considering that 5,388 cases were registered in all of last year, this indicates an increase in cases. The districts with the most cases are Callería (535 cases), Yarinacocha (256), Manantay (239) and Padre Abad (74).
This has prompted the launch of the Anti-Dengue Battalion, initiative of the Ucayali Regional Health Directorate (Diresa) , in coordination with the Ministry of Health (Minsa) comprised of more than 150 individuals who will carry out activities of vector control, abatement, elimination of mosquito breeding sites, and awareness-raising in different homes in the Ucayali region.
Regional Governor of Ucayali, Manuel Gambini Rupay said, “The intervention of the battalion will be fundamental in this first stage of the fight against dengue. They will do a great job, but we need the community to open their doors to eliminate the mosquito. ”
- Pertussis vaccination during pregnancy protects U.S. infants: CDC study
- Bangladesh Nipah virus update: 10 cases and 7 deaths in 2023
- Peru confirms H5N1 avian influenza detected in 3 sea lions, 1 dolphin
- Rotavirus: Even with the availability of vaccines, It is still responsible for most cases of severe diarrhea in children under five years of age
- Taiwan reports 1st severe enterovirus D68 case of the year
- Bolivia dengue cases top 3,000
- Paraguay: More than 8,000 Chikungunya cases reported in past 3 weeks, Hospitals reorganize
- France: Listeria infections reported linked to Jay & Joy vegetable alternatives to cheese
- Burundi reports progressive increase in malaria in recent years