By NewsDesk @bactiman63
Philippines health officials report 4,102 cumulative cholera cases this year through October 15, a 254 percent increase compared to the same period in 2021 (1,159).
In addition, the death toll from cholera this year has increased 311 percent– 9 in 2021 vs 37 in 2022 year to date.
The Eastern Visayas has reported the most cases this year with 2763 total cases.
Typhoid fever cases in the Philippines have also increased significantly in 2022 to date. Through October 15, health officials report 12,124 cumulative cases, a 150 percent increase from 4,844 cases reported same period in 2021.
Fatalities from typhoid fever jumped from 19 last year to 56 in 2022 year to date.
The Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) has reported the most cases with 2,519, followed by Northern Mindanao (1,586) and the Central Visayas (1,317).
- Vietnam dengue cases nearly five times 2021, Hanoi nears 10K cases
- Nigeria CDC: ‘Nigeria is at HIGH risk of importation of the virus’
- Kenya: Update on visceral leishmaniasis outbreak
- Uganda: Ebola outbreak cases, deaths rise
- Philippines dengue: Death toll up 150% in 2022
- India dengue news: Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal
- Cholera in Lebanon: Outbreak update October 29
- Bangladesh reports more than 20,000 dengue cases in October
- Angola reports more than 2,000 measles cases in three weeks