By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Philippines health officials reported an additional nine COVID-19 related fatalities, putting the tally over the 1,000 deaths threshold (1003).
The Department of Health also saw 555 additional COVID-19 cases, bringing the country case count to 21,895.
The Bureau of Corrections reported that 222 COVID-19 cases have been reported in prisoners, with the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) and the Correctional Institution for Women (CIW) in Mandaluyong reporting the most.
A total of 10 inmates have died.
Both prisons accounted for 48 employees also contracting the novel coronavirus.
PHILIPPINES HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS DETAILED IN UN REPORT, DUTERTE RENEWS THREAT TO KILL DRUG DEALERS
- False-negative COVID-19 tests: Challenges and implications
- White-Nose Syndrome reported in dead bats in North Dakota
- Philippines: Coronavirus cases top 21K, Testing to expand
- Finland COVID-19 cases continue to slow down
- Brazil: Dengue cases up 44 percent in the Federal District
- Dengue in Brazil: Cases near 200K in Paraná
- Antibiotics: Recarbrio gets FDA approval for treatment of HABP/VABP
- Acute Hepatitis A Case in a Food Service Worker in Saco, Maine
- Australia: Ehrlichiosis infects several dogs in Kimberley region
- CDC issues travel notice for dengue in the Americas
- India reports largest daily rise in COVID-19, Delhi hospital beds