By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Philippines Department of Health reported an additional 653 COVID-19 cases Sunday, bringing the country total to 35,455.
Officials in the Philippines are stressing the importance of strict enforcement of measures and proper compliance as “crucial” in curbing the deadly disease.
Data from World Health Organization (WHO) showed that the Philippines has the fastest-growing number of new COVID-19 cases among over 22 countries in Western Pacific Region.
Chairman of the Senate Health and Demography Committee, Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go said, ” This is why strict enforcement of existing measures and proper compliance of everyone are very crucial”.
“If we follow rules and help each other to avoid the spread of the virus, if we enhance our health facilities and capabilities—this is the only way we can determine if we will be able to overcome and end the crisis brought by Covid-19”.
Globally, the COVID-19 pandemic has topped the 10 million case mark today. Nearly 500,000 deaths have been reported.
- India COVID-19 outbreak tops half million cases, Delhi’s outbreak explodes
- COVID-19 in Brazil: 38,693 new cases, Enters into partnership to produce vaccine
- Japanese encephalitis in Taiwan: 4th case reported , vaccinations advised
- Thailand chikungunya cases double in past month
- New Jersey: Study shows RMSF rare in the state
- Malaysia: Japanese Encephalitis reported in Penang, 1st cases in two years
- Plague cases rise in Ituri, DRC
- Finland COVID-19 cases continue decline