By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Philippines Department of Health (DOH) reported 2,241 new COVID-19 infections Sunday, raising the overall tally to 67,456.
58 new deaths were reported, bringing the death total to 1,831.
Officials also note that there are 43,160 active cases and about 90.1 percent of them are mild, 9.1 percent are asymptomatic, 0.4 percent are severe, and 0.4 percent are critical.
The DOH also reported on a locally-made reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test kit is now ready for commercial use called GenAmplify version 2. The kit passed testing performed by the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine and the Committee on Laboratory Expert Panel.
“After several months of collaboration, we are proud to say, GenAmplify version 2, the country’s very own PT-PCR test kit, is finally ready for commercial use,” the DOH said in a statement.
- Ebola update: Additional case brings total to 57
- China COVID-19: Beijing under control, Epidemiologist’s take on country’s situation
- Texas reports increase in kissing bugs, Could increase Chagas risk
- Massachusetts reports additional EEE mosquito samples, 1st West Nile virus samples
- Brazil dengue: Federal District reports 20 percent increase
- Taiwan Japanese encephalitis cases rise to 13
- Costa Rica COVID-19: Cases near 10,000, Government announces new containment measures
- Brazil COVID-19 cases top 2 million, India tops 1 million