By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Officials with the Negros Occidental Provincial Veterinary Office (PVO), cases of dogs with rabies is up 39 percent from the same period last year.
From January to May of this year, 13 rabies cases were recorded from eight localities. This compares with six cases reported during the same period last year.
The town of Cauayan and the cities of Victorias and Himamaylan saw the most cases.
The Provincial Veterinary Office (PVO) says 47 percent of dogs in the province have been vaccinated against rabies, prompting officials appeal to call on dog owners to have their pets vaccinated against rabies annually.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV
- Angola sees more than 5000 malaria deaths through May, A ‘critical and challenging’ situation
- Kharkov, Ukraine: Dozens sickened after consuming sushi
- Botulism case reported in Melitopol, Ukraine, Linked to smoked mackerel
- Pakistan: Kashmore rabies patient admitted to Indus hospital
- Salmonella outbreak linked to frozen shrimp
- Canada anthrax hoax: St. Catharines man, Joseph Knipfel arrested and charged
- Paraguay: Dengue trend is decreasing
- Finland investigates salmonella outbreak, More than 100 children sickened
- Nigeria Lassa fever cases top 300