Health officials in Puerto Princesa, Palawan have reported a malaria cluster in Barangay Irawan. 31 malaria cases were reported from April 26 to June 30. 24 cases were reported in Zone 14.
The patients exhibited signs and symptoms of headaches, dizziness, body malaise, fever, and epigastric pain. All cases have recovered as of July 5.
Malaria remains to be endemic in Puerto Princesa. All provinces in the country have achieved malaria-free status except for Palawan.
- Laos dengue tally tops 11,000
- Bangladesh: Dengue death toll tops 100 as one day case record reported
- Colombia: Dengue outbreak prompts interventions
- London: Dire warning concerning measles
- Nigeria reports 160 confirmed diphtheria cases in June 2023
- Dengue cases skyrocketing in Bangladesh
- Netherlands: Legionnaires’ disease affects 13, kills two
- Dallas County resident is Texas’ first West Nile virus case of 2023
- Houston officials report syphilis outbreak