By Teddy Cambosa
The Philippines is continuing its battle against COVID-19, as the Department of Health reports 1,765 new COVID-19 cases on January 1, 2021, totaling to 475,820 cases in the country.
106 individuals have recovered from COVID-19 in the country on that day, while 4 are reported to have died.
The City of Davao in southern Philippines recorded the highest number of cases, with 100 recorded cases, followed by the provinces of Rizal (99), Cavite (71), Quezon City (70) and City of Manila (69).
Around 91.7% of the 26,677 active cases in the country are asymptomatic to mild symptoms of COVID-19.
Teddy Cambosa is a graduating BS Biology student and a former campus journalist at Batangas State University. He is also currently writing for MARKETECH APAC, a small APAC-focused marketing news site.
- City of Manila launches pre-registration website for COVID-19 vaccine
- Shigella increase reported in Seattle area in recent weeks
- Delaware reports 1st flu-related death of the season
- Multiple mosquito blood feedings increase malaria transmission potential: Study
- Dog and cat food recalled over Aflatoxin risk
- Valley fever: The cost of the fungal infection in Arizona is very expensive
- San Diego reports 3 additional cases of new COVID-19 strain