By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In the past couple weeks, a number of tickborne disease reports came out of the Northeastern United States, and I’m not including Lyme disease.
Four Powassan virus disease cases were reported from Connecticut, Maine and Rhode Island, while in the Syracuse, NY area, 2-times the number of anaplasmosis cases have been reported year to date, double what was seen during the past 5 years.
- Philippines: Baguio City reports rise in dengue
- India: Two human rabies deaths reported in Dimapur, Nagaland
- Lassa virus vaccine trial in Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone
- CDC investigates Listeria outbreak linked to precooked chicken
- Delta variant is dominant coronavirus strain in Wales
- Finland: COVID-19 rise linked in part to football fans returning from Russia
- Multistate Melioidosis Investigation
- Hepatitis A cases in New Caledonia: Cases reach 300 in first half of 2021
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis: Florida reports 8th and 9th cases of 2021
- Florida reports rabies case in Volusia County horse
- China receives malaria-free certification from WHO