By: Candess Zona Mendola of MakeFoodSafe.com
The FDA and CDC have announced another Salmonella outbreak, this time linked to raw flour. This Salmonella Flour Outbreak currently has affected 12 people in 11 states. Three of which have been hospitalized. Illnesses started on dates ranging from December 6, 2022, to February 13, 2023.
The true number of sick people in this outbreak is likely much higher than the number reported, and the outbreak may not be limited to the states with known illnesses.
Most people reported eating raw dough or batter made with flour before they got sick. Flour was the only common ingredient in the raw dough or batter people reported eating. Investigators are working to identify a specific brand of flour linked to illnesses.
- Norovirus confirmed on three recent cruises
- New Zealand reports its first case of rabies
- Hanoi records dramatic increases in chickenpox, dengue fever
- Philippines measles cases top 200, Dengue cases doubled from last year
- California: H5N1 Avian Influenza Detected In Deceased Mountain Lions
- Paraguay experiences its largest chikungunya epidemic and is one of the largest recorded in South America, CDC team in country
- Chile reports 1st human case of H5N1 avian influenza